Thursday, October 01, 2009

Mixtape #6 - Happy Frick Frackin' 33rd (Peppy)

It was my birthday yesterday. Mostly it was a normal day - worked, went to class, drank beer - except I got to squeeze in a lovely dinner with my lovely mother, and my lunchtime tea came with a side of whiskey. My Facebook saw more action than usual ... sadly my junk did not.

The birthdonk throwdown is Saturday, and I had fully intended to get CD invites out a month ago. Clearly that didn't happen and the best I managed was a crappy PDF'd email invite. What? I've been busy!

So instead the Frick Frackin' 33rd Birthday Soundtrack is coming to you in the form of two podcasts. That's right, I said two. A peppy mix for throwing back drinks and gettin' yer hair did pre-party, and a mellowish post-party sunday morning burnout mix for the day after. Hopefully I'll get that one posted tomorrow.

So, for now, a little juice to get your padunk shimmying.

(Image links to a downloadable cover)

1. Two Weeks - Grizzly Bear (you jerks in Vancouver can see them Oct. 14th at the Vogue.)
2. When U Love Somebody - Fruit Bats
3. After the Curtain - Beirut
4. To the Lighthouse - Patrick Wolf
5. Tone Bank Jungle - Holy Fuck
6. We Share Our Mothers' Health - The Knife
7. Michael - Franz Ferdinand
8. Rise & Fall - The Racoons
9. Thy Will Be Done - Handsome Furs
10. Believe in Yourself - Disasteradio
11. Raise Me Up - Hercules and Love Affair
12. Move With Your Lover - Ghostland Observatory
13. Feelgood By Numbers - The Go! Team
14. Atoms Tomb - Electrelane
15. You! Me! Dancing! - Los Campesinos!
16. She's Lost Control - Joy Division
17. Come In Alone - My Bloody Valentine
18. Graveyard Girl - M83
19. I Quit Girls - Japandroids

To add to podcasts: if you are already subscribed hit refresh. If not, in iTunes go to Advanced, Subscribe to Podcast, and paste in this:http://shes-so-melicious.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default. You can also click on the post title to link to a downloadable file.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails